There is two ways of doing this- but only one I prefer! However, I have decided to practise both because each of them have pros and cons.
First method you could use is a Pritt stick.
Using a spatula I have scrubbed off a bit of the glue onto my hand and then put it against the hair onto the eyebrow. Then, I did the same thing but in the direction that the hair actually grows in to remove the texture of the eyebrow. I made sure I pressed quite hard on the eyebrow while putting the glue on to make sure it sticks to the skin. The only downside to this method is that it dries really quickly, which makes it a bit hard to work with! However, I have removed the glue from around the eyebrow by using a wet cotton bud, which worked perfectly.
Image source:
http://www.wilko.com/content/ebiz/wilkinsonplus/invt/0078274/0078274_l.jpg
Another method is Soap.
Soap was very easy to work with. I also used a spatula with this method, scrubbed a bit of the soap which I have placed in the water first, and put it onto my hand. Then using an angled brush I have rubbed the soap into the eyebrow. Then, I pressed onto the eyebrow quite firmly which created a very smooth effect. I very like this method, however, it can get quite messy!
Image source:
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/bar_soap.jpg
These are the photos of my practise session:
It was quite hard to make the colour of the eyebrows disappear as they are black, however, there was no texture of the brows left, and they were smooth. It is very important if you are using a skin coloured base to sponge on a rosy coloured supra colour or an eyeshadow onto the brow as that will remove the black colour of the brow, which I think I still need to work on!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is Emma's design for the look. I really like how she changed and adapted it to make it contemporary. The ombre lips combined with white bottom eyelashes create a very modern interesting Elizabethan make up that I am very excited to create!

No comments:
Post a Comment